Australian Access Federation Support Desk

In what circumstance would an end-user need to transfer their auEduPersonSharedToken to another Identity Provider?

by Dean Nottingham Follow

Related to clause 8.10 of the Federation Rules

The most common example is when a research staff member leaves one university and another but still needs to (and is authorised to) access data, computing grids, instruments, or services they used previously. The auEduPersonSharedToken is the unique, persistent identifier that tells these services it’s the same person as before. It’s also possible for one person to be working at more then one university at the same time and to use the same auEduPersonSharedToken at both. The request would need to be initiated by the user, as they would be the only one to know they had joined a new university. It would involve an administrative verification process between the two universities which could simply be paper based.

Have more questions? Submit a request

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful


Powered by Zendesk